I post fairly regularly and quite poorly on a diverse range of topics including:
- Entrepreneurial and business learnings from my 18 years working in my own technology businesses.
- Market failure and irrationality.
- Quirks in public markets and resulting opportunities.
- Private markets and venture capital gossip.
- Behind the scenes stories from my time at Sargon, GrowthOps and Trimantium.
- Challenges and announcements from my new business Galactic Bioware
I am also likely to post niche content in the realms of skateboarding, materials science, DOTA and survivalism. Consider yourself warned. Please read and agree to the disclaimer before reading on.
- China Taiping continues to pay for Ashurst’s incompetenceOn the 28th of June 2021, Ashurst Australia paid me $46,000 for costs awarded against their client China Taiping in a hearing before the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Building an Inferno ChamberGalactic Bioware’s 66 square foot (10m2) ventilated Inferno Chamber is rated to temperatures of over 1,832℉ (1,000℃) for testing Power Suits against extreme temperature conditions, direct flame contact and smoke inhalation. Disclaimer: Obviously, fires are intrinsically unsafe, so please don’t try anything like this at home especially outside of a controlled environment. Also, please be mindful of fire restrictions, local laws and fire regulations and common sense.
- Australia’s Berry AmendmentThe Berry Amendment requires U.S. defense procurement come from domestic sources, Australia does not have an equivalent. The U.S. protects its national interests and its domestic defense capability and capacity through a series of strict common sense procurement rules governed by legislation such as the Buy American Act and the Berry Amendment. In order to protect the U.S. industrial base during periods of adversity and war, Congress passed domestic source restrictions as part of the 1941 Fifth Supplemental Department of Defense (DOD) Appropriations Act. These provisions later became known as the Berry Amendment. The Berry Amendment (Title 10 United States […]
- Ashurst #CashFurstIf Ashurst had of read the investment documentation and emails with the same attention as they read my blog posts, or undertook the path they represented to me in December 2019 of appointing an independent investigating accountant to get to the bottom of the whole structure for their and their client’s educational benefit, then their client would by now likely be in funds exceeding A$200 million and Ashurst wouldn’t be dealing with an annoying blogger impugning their otherwise stellar reputation.
- Ashurst’s Web of ConflictsAs a follow-up to this popular post on Ashurst’s conduct around the receivership appointment over Sargon Capital Pty Ltd, I bring the Australian business community’s attention to issues around conflict management and how breaches of client confidentiality by Ashurst might have coloured advice given by Ashurst to China Taiping which led to Sargon’s unnecessary demise.
- Ashurst destroyed Sargon, wiped out Taiping’s investment.Ashurst destroyed Sargon and its clients prospects of recovery with its recommendation to appoint receivers in the circumstances, and then sealed their client’s fate by completely botching the execution.
- Galactic Bioware soft launchesGun-control and routine violence in the US and many places around the world is not improving, and recent politics hasn’t helped. Responsible gun laws seem so far away that many other initiatives need to work together to reduce the injuries and deaths resulting from city violence.
- Shopify Github MusingsShopify is extremely powerful, and I use it across many projects, but some of the themes and apps have strange limitations. I’ve started publishing small fixes & modules where I could not find a solution online in the form of a tutorial, accurate Stack Overflow post or a free app.
Armour Ashurst ASX China Taiping FinTech Fire Knight Galactic Bioware Games Github GrowthOps Harrington Kingston Hass Henley Club Inferno Chamber Phillip Kingston Power Suit Prepper Programming Reviews Security Shopify Skateboarding Superannuation Survivalist Weird Stuff