I post fairly regularly and quite poorly on a diverse range of topics including:
- Entrepreneurial and business learnings from my 18 years working in my own technology businesses.
- Market failure and irrationality.
- Quirks in public markets and resulting opportunities.
- Private markets and venture capital gossip.
- Behind the scenes stories from my time at Sargon, GrowthOps and Trimantium.
- Challenges and announcements from my new businesses.
I am also likely to post niche content in the realms of skateboarding, materials science, DOTA and survivalism. Consider yourself warned. Please read and agree to the disclaimer before reading on.
- Secret Ashurst email revealedA critical email from Ashurst to Sargon’s liquidators in April 2020 was kept hidden by Ashurst until early 2022 when it was voluntarily disclosed by the recipient Wexted to the Federal Court of Australia. It remained hidden for nearly 2 years after Ashurst placed Sargon into receivership falsely alleging that outstanding interest was not paid.
- Spy GamesLater that day after dark, two operatives, one confirming car plate details, anchoring the scene and his partner getting into position. The operatives never look up and do not give away any personal features. They planted a low-tech listening device on my car to (presumably) listen to my conversations and otherwise attempt to get dirt on me. This device also functioned as a low footprint (hard to backtrace) tracking device.
- We salute you.The Australasian Law Awards 2022 have graciously removed Ashurst from the list of awardees in the “Sargon restructuring and recapitalization” award in the “Insolvency & Restructuring Deal of the Year” category. We salute you.
- Marshall Law: Ashurst’s Gang of Three now Gang of… One?Mr Greenberg’s demise occurred straight after credible documents tabled in Parliament revealed that interest was fully paid up when Sargon was placed into receivership by Ashurst after some extremely creative law firm trust accounting in December 2019. The cover up had failed, so Marshall had to roll a head otherwise it was his. Greenberg was the only choice. Sorry, not sorry.
- Victorian Motorcycle LicencingPeople rarely take a moment to appreciate government departments like VicRoads when they do a great job. I am taking a brief moment to congratulate VicRoads on the quality of their motorcycle licencing regime in Victoria. I recently obtained my motorcycle licence as a full car licence holder through Armstrong’s Driver Education. They also did a great job. I did this because 1) motorcycles are freedom and 2) Galactic Bioware has been developing motorcycle armoured gear that we are looking to launch mid 2022. I wanted to be able to wear it and test it out as a more informed and genuine user.
- Sargon founder Phillip Kingston fights $27m lawsuitMyriam Robin on 22 September 2021 wrote a column in the Australian Financial Review under the headline “Sargon founder Phillip Kingston fights $27m lawsuit” about a private dispute. This is not national news and in any event, the matter that was before the Supreme Court of Victoria has been settled to our mutual satisfaction.
- ASIC knew, and did nothingWhat kind of world do we live in where ASIC ignores direct, unanimous and contemporaneous evidence from 6 Australian citizens – our CEO, CFO, COO, CRO, General Counsel and a high profile Non-Executive Director in favour of a foreign power and their local rent-seeking enablers?
- China Taiping continues to pay for Ashurst’s incompetenceOn the 28th of June 2021, Ashurst Australia paid me $46,000 for costs awarded against their client China Taiping in a hearing before the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
Armour Ashurst ASX China Taiping FinTech Fire Knight Galactic Bioware Games Github GrowthOps Henley Club HKH Partners Inferno Chamber Phillip Kingston Power Suit Prepper Programming Reviews Security Shopify Skateboarding Superannuation Survivalist Weird Stuff